Request A Rip
What's that mean?
Whether you want to hear a pressing's master, have a digital version of material that's unavailable otherwise, or some tertiary reason I haven't considered, I'll rip it for you! If it weren't such a tedious process, I'd do it for free, but manual de-clicking, noise removal, and other restoration steps take forever. So yes, there's a small fee. 75¢ per minute of audio, which rounds out, for example, to $30 for a regular 40-minute LP/$7.50 for a 10-minute 7", etc.
For that price, you'll get:
- Anything out of my collection to choose from
- If you're REALLY dedicated to it, you can mail me something to rip instead (several people have done so already).
- Vacuum wet-clean of the disc(s) prior to playback
- Cleanup (manual de-clicking, noise, crackle, and etc removal) of the recording with iZotope RX 9
- Final product in 24-bit/96kHz FLAC and/or whatever format you choose
- Raw recorded audio from pre-processing, if desired, shared directly/not posted here alongside the end result
- Equipment/lineage used in the process: THORENS TD 209 --> 2M Bronze --> NAD Stereo 3045 --> Focusrite Scarlet 6i6 --> Audacity (recording) --> iZotope RX 9 (cleanup)
"Jen's vinyl rips are both impressive gems and important resources in an era of decreased analog production & persistent over-digitalization of media. Boasting a wide-ranged library from different artists, she has a clear mastery over the artform of ripping and all its intricacies & nuance. If you're on the prowl for somebody to provide hi-res vinyl audio, this is where you'll get your money's worth!"